<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 26, 2003

We like who we like 

The question is, why? Some people only like those who are similar to themselves. Others gravitate towards those drastically different. There are people who want to be seen with those who will advance their careers and/or social standing. I have no patience with that. I like those who make me smile for whatever reason and I smile readily.

Whenever I take stock in my friends, their variety amazes me. People of different cultures, educational backgrounds, experiences and abilities, many of whom have precious little in common and some of whom I haven't seen in many years. Yet I care for them as much as ever. Even the few I consider to be close are drastically different from each other.

Earlier (yesterday) I was reunited with someone who would not be at fault in not considering me to be family and yet he treated me as such. We don't seem to have a great deal in common but the affection was evident and the time spent together was very pleasant. Or maybe it was just the wine talking.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar