<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Define "communication"... 

A friend of mine complains when I don't send him e-mail although I communicate regularly with and through his wife. There is a reason I don't often send him e-mail but he feels unloved and I feel sorry for hurting his feelings, so I sent him a quick note. The response I received did nothing more than confirm my reasons for not writing:

"Thanks for the e-mail.
Love, Steve."

Perhaps the problem lies in our personal definitions of communication. He may think that as long as he's typed something - anything - and hit the 'reply' button, he's held up his end of the bargain. I suppose I should be thankful that he doesn't consider all those "fwd:fwd:fwd:" e-mails fulfillment of the obligation.

'night


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar