<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 18, 2004

Music to my ears 

I've just discovered that not everyone sings whenever a song pops into their head. This is very distressing to me. I feel that spontaneous singing is a very important part of one's emotional development and personal expression. Naturally, there are situations which would render such behavior totally inappropriate and the volume can be kept low if you feel self-conscious but music is universal.

So why does singing in the middle of a conversation cause a momentary lull and often a change of subject? I don't mean to suggest launching into a ballad and singing through to the end - just singing the one relevant line, possibly a second one if you're with someone who gives you an encouraging nod. There is nothing wrong with that, is there?

I'm starting to second guess myself. This is not good. I'm going to sing myself to sleep now.

'night


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar