<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

The Ladykillers 

That was a very strange movie. I'm going to watch the original version tonight on video to see what the intent was. I found the language downright painful to listen to. At one point I was completely distracted from the movie by the sheer offensiveness of it. Someone who must get even less sleep than I do counted 72 foul words. That doesn't include 17 other obscenities, 11 religious profanities and other references. My question is, what was the purpose? It wasn't a bad movie. At least I don't think it was - I can't really be sure. Did the director think the original wasn't funny enough and required shock value to spice it up? I'm looking forward to seeing what it was that appealed enough to him to inspire a remake. At the moment I can't imagine what he was thinking.

'night.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar