<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I forgive you, Tom Hanks 

I saw the new Tom Hanks movie, The Terminal, the other night. I had decided to stop waiting for other people to do things with me because there are so many things I miss out on that way. I told someone I was going to take myself out to a movie and he said, "Oh, do you want me to go with you?" (My friends know me so well.) I laughed and said, "Did I not just say I was going to go by myself?" He responded, "I just thought you might like some company." The fact is I always like company, so we went together. It was just as well, because he was the same friend who went with me to see the awful The Ladykillers, also starring Tom Hanks. I thought the performance was goofier than it should have been for such a dark film. He's not as pigeonholed as, say, his friend Meg Ryan, who really doesn't do well in other than light romantic comedy or damsel-in-distress roles, but he has his weaknesses just like everyone else. He is much better in this one and I forgive him for the other role. I blame his agent. That's what he gets paid for, anyway.

'night.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar