<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Lightning 

I love thunderstorms. Unless I'm trying to sleep, in which case I wish they were a bit quieter. I love to witness the power of them and the show the lightning makes. They say that most of what we see is actually ground-to-cloud, although it looks like it comes from the sky. I've often thought about standing on my head during a storm but I never seem to remember that while I'm watching one. I'd love to see ball lightning - from a safe distance, of course. I was at the beach once and there was a lightning storm during a fireworks display. God's production received a lot more applause from the crowd.
The news said three local people were hurt by a tree which exploded after being struck by lightning during yesterday afternoon's brief thunderstorm. I doubt if they wondered if it was cloud-to-ground or not. That would be me.

'night.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar