<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 16, 2004

The Christmas Song is in my head 

It was eighty degrees outside this afternoon, hurricanes are battering the southern states and all I keep thinking is, "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." Why does that happen? What dictates the opening/releasing/recalling of those memory bubbles at seemingly random moments?

A friend (who will be disowned if he continues to annoy me this way) deliberately started singing a song to me tonight that he knows I detest. After he got the desired reaction, he asked, "Did you ever notice that it's the songs you hate that you hear the most?" That thought kept me from listening to the radio for the rest of the day...possibly the month. Thanks so much.

Jack Frost nipping at your nose...Yuletide carols being sung by a choir and folks dressed up like Eskimos. I read somewhere that Mel Torme was only 19 years old when he co-wrote that song. Who knew it would be such a source of exasperation so many years later?

'night.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar