<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Please don't ask me 

I saw someone walking on the street wearing a big button saying, "Ask me how!" I say, if you don't want an answer, kindly refrain from asking me the question. I think it's a simple concept. However, someone I work with is having trouble with it. She continues to ask me questions and then dispute my answers. Even if I don't know the answer and suggest that she ask someone else, she argues that it's an inappropriate time, idea, etc. Then she asks the same question again, as if expecting a different answer. She asks if she can do anything for me and then when I give her something, she argues that she should do it a different way or do something else entirely. Is it me?? Here are two recent conversations. Judge for yourself.

Would you please call the attorney for me?

Shouldn't I call the client?

Not if I need you to call the attorney.

But shouldn't you ask the client?

Not until I know what the attorney says.

But it's really up to the client.

Not necessarily. If you don't want to call the attorney, I'll do it.

No, I'll do it. I just think we should call the client, first.

---------------------------------------------------
Is a Modification Agreement the same thing as a recorded Mortgage?

No.

But they serve the same purpose.

Maybe they do but they are different documents.

Who do we send it to?

The bank.

What bank?

The one that drew up the Agreement.

That's a mortgage company.

The mortgage company, then.

But you said the bank.

The mortgage company acts as a bank.

But it's not a bank.

Okay, it's not a bank.

What bank should I send it to?

Uhhhh...the mortgage company.

But you said to send it to the bank.

Now, I've worked in a preschool and people have told me I have an amazing store of patience with children's infinite capacity to come up with questions. God has an infinite store of patience and it must be His that these people see, because I have serious doubts about my ability to remain calm with this woman.

On a related topic, I don't like it when people ask, "How are you?" when all they really mean is, "Hello." Mule girl says it's a rhetorical question. I think rhetorical questions should be those to which there is no answer, not to which you don't want an answer. That just opens things up to a whole new world of rudeness.

'night.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar