<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 15, 2004

I'd like to thank the Academy 

I love awards shows. I miss them almost every chance I get. Sincerity is such a novelty and melodrama is so boring. This is my acceptance speech:

(as I adjust the microphone 'way down) You'd think by now there would be a Martina McBride setting on this thing.

This is so surreal, to be the one on stage with all the famous people focused on me! You know, all my life I've been told I'm not pretty enough, not thin enough, not good enough and I never will be. Even when there was no one there to say those things, I said them to myself. This award means so much because it's temporal proof that a significant number of people believe that I *am* good enough, at least for this song for right now. But I'm also grateful to those who think I'm not, because they will keep me humble. There are so many people I would like to thank that I know I won't remember them all. I don't think at this point there's any point in trying. The one I'd most like to thank is God, because everything comes from Him, anyway. I'd like to thank my family and friends, those who supported and believed in me and especially those who did not. And I'd like to thank those who related to my work and were touched enough by it to bring me to this place tonight. Thank you for your kindness, your encouragement and your support. And thank you for entrusting me with this very sharp, heavy object and giving me this opportunity to embarrass my children on national television.

What do you think?

'night.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar