<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 20, 2005

Is it mean? 

I love to visit Engrish.com Sometimes it can be offensive, I admit. And sometimes, like today, I wonder if it's mean to laugh at what they post there. It can be a picture of anything from building signage to t-shirts to small appliance labels, written in mangled english by Japanese printers. The site is run by an American who lived in Japan for some time and has substantial affection for the country and its people. It's clearly not a mean-spirited venture and it's not as if he's making fun of the handicapped and we are joining in. I'm just having pangs of guilt and not sure if there's a valid reason. Of course, I'm still laughing at the site, too.

'night.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar