<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 09, 2005

Another new word 

It occurs to me that it's been an inordinately long time since I learned and posted a new vocabulary word. Well, here's one: velleity. I should write the definition here but I just don't feel like it. There have been others but I'm just too tired to recall them. I need to look on Webster's Word of the Day archives to find some interesting entries. I was reading an incredibly boring book recently (my boss recommended it and he's so sweet that I had to at least make a concerted effort) and learned the word guerdon simply because the author wrote in such flowery language that it took me by surprise. What a shame that it was so mind-numbingly dull and heretically liberal. (No, I'm not going to divulge the title. It would be too much like spreading bad news.)

So, now I've started reading what a friend of mine dubbed "possibly the best book Bill and I have ever read" (and we both have confidence in Bill's assessment) and I *will* share that title: Safely Home by Randy Alcorn. If anyone out there has read it, please share your thoughts.

'night.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar