<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Technology is fascinating 

We visited my 98-year-old grandmother this past weekend. She's deaf as a post but pretty sharp. A woman approached our table to solicit members for a family committee of some kind. She offered business cards to both my sister-in-law and me but not to my grandmother, who said, "Don't I get one?" The woman, after recovering from the shock of having my grandmother actually speak to her (as if a statue had suddenly come to life) asked, "Do you go to the computer room?" My grandmother responded (after I repeated the question in her ear), "Of course!" So, she was given a card and told she could contact them via the e-mail address or by telephone. When the woman walked away, I asked again, "You go to the computer room???" I had a hard time envisioning my grandmother sitting in front of the monitor and surfing the web for knitting supplies, but it would have been fun to see her using e-mail. She said, "Yes, I do." I asked what she did with the computer. With a perfectly straight face, my grandmother sniffed, "I look at it." What a riot. She couldn't care less about the computer, but she knows where it is. Gotta love her.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Dynamic Bible Verse
New Bible Verses
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar